Innuendo & Outuendo Forums
What is a Non-Replica Production? - Printable Version

+- Innuendo & Outuendo Forums (http://innuendoandoutuendo.com/forum)
+-- Forum: WICKED Discussion (/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: WICKED Non-Replica Productions (/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+--- Thread: What is a Non-Replica Production? (/showthread.php?tid=21)

Pages: 1 2 3

What is a Non-Replica Production? - Christina D. - 01-08-2012 11:46 PM

A non-replica production is one that does not retain the original Broadway staging. This can include changes in costuming and choreography.

Here is the replica version of the Witch Fight scene. This is what you will see in most Wicked productions.

Here is a non-replica version of the Witch Fight scene, from the Helsinki, Finland production.

RE: What is a Non-Replica Production? - Isaac E. - 01-08-2012 11:47 PM

Oh my. That Elphaba looks like she's just waiting to be smacked.

RE: What is a Non-Replica Production? - Jason - 01-12-2012 04:41 PM

Why would they make a non replica production? I thik the costumes of the non-replica production looks amaturish. (Sorry for my awful spelling, lol!)

RE: What is a Non-Replica Production? - Christina D. - 01-12-2012 06:06 PM

(01-12-2012 04:41 PM)jaszon27 Wrote:  Why would they make a non replica production? I thik the costumes of the non-replica production looks amaturish. (Sorry for my awful spelling, lol!)

That's a good question. Maybe they didn't want to pay for the rights to use the costumes and choreography. I'm surprised they were allowed to do a non-replica production so soon. I always thought non-replicas (even in other countries) happened after the show had closed on Broadway and was no longer touring.

RE: What is a Non-Replica Production? - Jonathan C. - 02-17-2012 11:16 PM

The Danish and Finnish productions are the only legal non-replica productions of the show. Those theatres purchased the rights to create their own production. They had to get permission from the creative team.

RE: What is a Non-Replica Production? - wickedwatcherdanny - 09-23-2012 10:23 PM

iirc wasn't it the Helsinki production that cut the musical bridge between Elphaba's verse and Fiyero's verse in ALAYM?

RE: What is a Non-Replica Production? - Jason - 10-08-2012 05:49 PM

Proshot clips of the Helsinki production. I have no idea why they throw plastic balls...click on the cc button for english subtitles.

RE: What is a Non-Replica Production? - Shira H. - 10-09-2012 09:08 PM

(10-08-2012 05:49 PM)jaszon27 Wrote:  Proshot clips of the Helsinki production. I have no idea why they throw plastic balls...click on the cc button for english subtitles.

Are the plastic balls supposed to be bubbles (Glinda)?

Interesting costumes, I have to say that I do not like the yellow costume Glinda was wearing. It seems to close to "our world" and for some reason makes me think of the costumes in 9 to 5...

RE: What is a Non-Replica Production? - Christina D. - 10-10-2012 11:08 AM

Okay...

- Glinda's "Popular" dress looks like lingerie.
- I'm not sure WHAT'S up with that choreography in "Dancing Through Life"
- Glinda's wig is REALLY bad

Something positive...

- I like how Elphaba knocks over the Wizard

RE: What is a Non-Replica Production? - robbieboy - 03-09-2013 06:49 PM

cheap ripp-offs. waste of time, space, and money